15+ years Graphic Design
10+ Years CADD Drafting
12+ Years Website Design
10+ Years Writing
Associate of Science: IT/Web Design.
Kaplan Online University. 2012. GPA 3.68.
Plus 5 years of accumulated college studies.
- Conceptualize, design and create layouts integrating typographic, photographic, illustrative and other elements for book jackets, illustrations, brochures, catalogs, websites, papers and reports, creating or acquiring images for creative projects.
- Create designs that visually attract and engage, and are easily read and understood.
- Critical thinker with a strong attention to detail, and sense of concept development.
- Prioritize day-to-day operations while multi-tasking to move multiple projects to completion.
- Apply feedback from team, supervisor or client to project designs.
- Collaborate with team and/or client to analyze, organize, plan and execute project to completion.
- Excellent communicator, verbally and written, using visual aids when needed.
- Records creation, correction and retrieval.
- Research and problem-solving abilities proven through multiple venues.
- Track drawings and documents to completion of process.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures and documentation as needed.
- Write technical papers, instructions and training manuals, newsletters and copy.
- Bookkeeping: bank accounts, AR/AP, statements and reports.
Writer, Fine and Graphic Artist, Web Site Designer
July 2005 to Present Day
MBStudio.US, Anderson, Indiana – Telecommute locally and Internationally
- Create multi-media graphic and digital story illustrations.
- Photograph and/or paint people, pets, landscapes, flowers, wild birds and animals, architecture.
- Design Logos and create business branding, book jackets and illustrations, marketing materials, publications, promotional items, newsletters, training manuals, and operating procedures.
- Design, create and support websites.
- Research Internet, Library and Archives for projects, editorials, papers, events, operating procedures, ADA Compliance, etc.
- Plan and produce special events, including venue, catering, lodging and transportation arrangements.
- Manage office, including Accounts Payable/Receivable, correspondence, etc.
Major Client: 2005 – 2007, 2009-2014
Office Manager, United States Communications Center
For Professor Dr. Nell Arnold, Brisbane, Australia
- Collaborate with Professor Arnold to establish her branding.
- create publications, advertisements, newsletters, fliers, brochures, etc.
- Edit and finalize mock-ups and other printable materials.
- Design, create websites for Dr. Arnold and her associates in Australia, Asia Pacific, the UK, and the USA.
- Research and compile information as required.
- Compose letters, e-mails, proposals/requests for proposals and/or qualifications.
- Communicate State-side and globally, being aware of time zones and language barriers.
- Make venue, travel, lodging and transportation arrangements, traveling with Dr. Arnold when needed.
Professor Arnold passed away in May, 2012. I flew to Australia to settle her estate. Completed August, 2014.
Administrative Assistant – Part Time
March, 2014 – March, 2016
Kingston Avenue Baptist Church, Anderson, IN
- Design bulletins, fliers, brochures, placards, and other forms of communication.
- Assist in project development and event administration.
- Support Senior Pastor and Church Staff.
- Act as liaison between Staff, Elders, Deacons, volunteers, maintenance staff, vendors and the public.
- Manage correspondence for Staff, proofreading & editing documents as needed.
- Maintain the church databases in ChurchPro.
- Bookkeeping: Accounts payable/receivable; Income and Expense reports, Year-End Reports; Annual giving histories of all church members.
- Schedule appointments and manage calendar for Senior Pastor.
- Schedule events, building usage requests, and communicate policies to building users.
- Sort and distribute mail and emails.
- Manage inventory.
July 2007 – December 2008
Verizon – Westfield, Indiana. 18-month Contract through TEKSystems - Indianapolis, IN
- Draft placement maps, schematics, permits and other technical drawings using MicroStation.
- Prioritize workload, solve issues and challenges.
- Maintain database, time reporting and records management.
Engineering Administrator / Civil Drafter
1996 – 2005
Pacific Bell/SBC Telephone Company - Sacramento, California
- Draft manual and computerized maps, schematics, permits and other technical drawings using proprietary software built on OS2.
- Remain organized while working on multiple projects.
- Attention to details and accuracy, conceptualizing layout and design form sketches and written instructions.
- Research, investigate, prepare and generate reports.
- Communicate effectively with engineers and Pacific Bell/SBC customers.